+ Reply to Thread
Page 232 of 236
FirstFirst ... 132 182 222 230 231 232 233 234 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 2360
    That's the spirit!

Thanks

If you hear your neighbors complain about your music, that's because it's not loud enough!
    Bartender's Stage

hey ho...where have all of you gone? i'm dropping by almost on a daily basis and all i see are postings in the chat. but the pub's been empty for more than a month now. where are you? i've got another load of appenzeller quöllfrisch with me... beer anyone?

btw, i'm going to see thin lizzy and priest tomorrow. the gig's in the french part of switzerland and it'll take us about 3 hrs to get there. but we'll stay over night...as i'm pretty sure, it's going to be a 'thirsty' night \m/

I'm still here with a few Sam Adams left, but now you have appenzeller, so I'll stick around a little longer

how was the Thinn Lizzy / Judas Priest show?! I,m sure it was as good as last year's show at the Sonisphere

If you hear your neighbors complain about your music, that's because it's not loud enough!
    Bartender's Stage

Hola hombre Good to see you, Tender.

The show was great. Worth every penny. I mean, Priest rocked Sonisphere last year and, fortunately, did not disappoint. I thought Rob was in good shape last year, already. But this time he was even better. Walking around almost like in the good old days. He screamed, shouted and sang like a young god. Although, the weak point of the show, imo, is still the song 'Painkiller'. I like it on the record, but not live. Anyway, the setlist was kickass as well. And Richie Faulkner often drew all the attention as he's such a positive person. His posing, moving and playing is top drawer. At some stage, he even outshone Glenn, who, btw, hit his head hard at a low-hangig PA loudspeaker...first, I thought he hit his nose as it turned red...but instead blood was running down from his forehead. This happened during YGATC...the last song before the last encore. I feared they may not play LAM as the final song, but they did. That's heavy metal. Not like these ridiculous black metal panda bears pretending they're tough, but playing with barbies after the show (...hehehe). Btw, they played Blood Red Skies (my alltime fav song), again, but this time he sang the intro one octave lower, which did the song a real favour. So, all in all, it was a great show by a great band. Still missing KK, but...well...life goes on \m/ Lizzy opened for Priest and were allowed to play 60 minutes - full sound, full lights. Priest treated their support acts always very well (not like Maiden, Metallica and Dream Theater...from what I've experienced at their shows). It was a fantastic rock show and they performed at a high level. The new guy at the guitar (alongside Mr Gorham) was mindblowing, playing a f&%king great solo, supported by Darren Wharton on keys, before going directly into 'Whiskey in the jar'. I mean, I could kick myself for not recording this. One damn great moment... That's live music. That's damn great live music. Lots of passion, talent and great songs all through the night.

Cheers *slurp*
    Last edited by reddevil; 25-05-2012 at 10:55 AM.

Blood Red Sky is also my alltime Fav JP song!!!!

Looks liek we have another thing in common!

btw This year we are going to Austria on vacation, close to you, but not that close either hehe

Bartender's Stage

I've waited 'all my life' to hear Blood Red Skies live - and then they played it at last year's Sonisphere and on the recent tour. That's the best goodbye gift for me.

My wife and I, we used to spend our holidays in Austria as well. Mainly in Tirol. But, at the moment, with our 3 month old twin daughters, it's a little bit more difficult. You have to chosse the destination, carefully. So, for this year, we rented an apartment in Davos (Switzerland), which is up in the mountains and only a 1 hour drive from our home. It's a beautiful place. Next year, it'll be different, but as long as they cannot walk, it wouldn't be a good decision to get on a plane or to drive to (the coast of) Italy, France or Spain.

Where are you going, exactly?

Hello all !

I am very late but congrats to you and your wife Red !! Your twins are totally adorable !
    METAL FOREVER

Good to see you, Queen, and thank you very much. And can you imagine that with every day they get even more beautiful? It's great to see them smile and hear them babble every morning when I leave the house. It makes it really tough for me not seeing them for the whole day and just for a couple of hours in the evening. I try to spend as much time as possible with them as I don't want to miss anything.

Hope you're well. And...come back here more often, please. The place got a bit...erm...silent

...anyone's got a feather duster and a hoover? I heard our queen will come and visit us quite soon. But we cannot offer her a seat in this dusty place. Come on, guys. I'll offer you a Quöllfrisch and a Chili con carne when finished.

or smth like that

If you face the wall and want to step forward, make one step backward first and then walk wherever you want.

www.facebook.com/thrashmetalcat
    MetalCat.ru changed its name to www.metalcat.org
    ANNIHILATOR photos on www.metalcat.org